There are a lot of students who are seeking financial help for their schooling and although there are many scholarships out there that can contribute in terms of money, not everyone can apply for one. Well, if you can’t make get the regular scholarships offered in your school why not try searching for some of the weirdest scholarships out there and you might find something up your alley?
Here are ten of the weirdest scholarships that you can find over the Internet that are worth a shot.
- Tall People Scholarship – if you’ve been made fun of because of your ridiculous height why not try using it to your advantage by applying for this scholarship? All that you need to do is to write an essay on how you are using your height to your advantage and get the chance to win $1,000 in the process.
- Duct Tape Scholarship – There are many uses of duct tape but did you know that you can use it to earn yourself a scholarship? In order to win the top prize of this scholarship, you need to fashion a prom dress out of duct tape. This is an ingenious way of showing some creativity to get the best scholarship there is.
- The Star Fleet Academy Scholarship – You need to be an excellent Star Fleet member for a year before you can apply for their different scholarships under the name of the characters of the Star Fleet. What’s even better is that the people behind the characters are actually the ones sponsoring the scholarship.
- The Kor Memorial Scholarship – Another scholarship for the Trekkies out there, this scholarship is offered by the Klingon Language Institute where you can be awarded $500 if you wish to study a different language.
- Golf Caddies Scholarship – If you’ve been caddying for 2 years you might want to apply for this scholarship offered by the Evans Scholar Foundation where you can get support for your college education.
- Birthright Scholarships – If your last name is Zolp, Gatling, or Van Valkenberg there is a chance that you can be awarded a scholarship. However, you need to present enough evidence to support your claim.
- The Excellence in Predicting the Future Scholarship – This is not about how good you are in predicting the future like seers but this is more in the line of economy and how well you can predict the future of the current market. You will be given a test simulation and if you earned the highest amount of money you will be awarded this scholarship.
- The Carnegie Mellon Bagpipe Scholarship – If you plan on majoring in bagpipe playing then this is the best scholarship for you.
- The National Marbles Tournament Scholarship – For younger students aged 7 – 15 this scholarship is worth a shot. All that you need to do is to beat other competitors in a marbles tournament to get the chance of being awarded $4,000 for your scholarship.
- Vegetarian Resource Group Scholarship – If you are an advocate of healthy living and eating then there is a chance for you to snag this scholarship. You’ll be judged on your courage, compassion and how well you are promoting the vegetarian way of life.
Article publié pour la première fois le 07/06/2013