It seems that everyone is posting pictures of their engagement rings on their social media or posting updates on their wedding plans every hour of the day. Although this can be amusing at times, there are those who are actually starting to wonder why they aren’t hitched yet or why they haven’t been planning for their wedding. Truth is, marriage often scares people but there are some signs that can actually help you decide that you are ready for this next phase of your life.
- Honesty – If you find yourself able to talk to your partner freely about everything may it be your fears, your hopes, your past or your future without fear of being judged then you are on the right track. A couple who is honest with one another has a good foundation for their relationship.
- Accepting Troubles – Even the smooth seas can become a raging torrent but if you and your partner are quite capable of sailing on both kinds of situations then you are set for life. Accepting troubles and learning how to deal with them together is another sign that you are both ready to enter the life of a married couple.
- Know the Art of Compromise – If you know how to compromise with your partner be it watching a movie, traveling or even planning on how to spend the day with one another then getting married will be a marital bliss for the both of you. Marriage is all about compromise and if you’ve been practicing it then you are good to go.
- Nurturing Same Values – Couples who have the same values or at least learning about the value of one another is pretty much heading to the altar. Understanding what’s important in your lives will help you build a more lasting relationship especially after you exchange vows.
- Acceptance – If you have accepted the fact that you can’t change your partner’s habits or anything about them, it’s another sign that you are ready to tie the knot. Making them change their habits to conform with what you have in mind will only drive you insane and quite nagging which is a big no in any relationship.
These signs are just a guide for you to consider on whether you are ready or not to get married. Marriage is a lifetime commitment and if you are prepared to spend the rest of your life with your partner then you are ready to say I do.
Article publié pour la première fois le 12/06/2013