There are times when you feel like your mind is already wandering far due to lack of concentration or that you can’t seem to remember something. This is quite common especially when you are getting on in years but this doesn’t mean that you should let your mind loses its function at an early age. There are ways to get your concentration honed and your memory sharpened. It all boils down to the kind of food that you are eating.
It is true that the types of food you eat can affect the way your mind works. If you want to be able to concentrate once again, here are a few tips that might help.
- Become Alert with Caffeine – There isn’t any medicine out there that can increase your IQ level but some can help with boosting your focus and concentration just like coffee. Caffeine is guaranteed to jolt your brain awake which helps in sharpening your concentration.
- Eat Sugar – Your brain usually prefers sugar to help fuel it throughout the day. The sugar here refers to the glucose derived from carbohydrates and other sweets you’ve eaten. A glass of sweetened drink can provide you with a memory boost but for only a short time only.
- Don’t Skip Breakfast – Skipping breakfast may reduce your ability to concentrate so as much as you would like ditching this part of your daily meal stick with it. Go with fruits, dairy and high-fiber breakfast meals to keep you alert throughout the day.
- Add Fish to Your Diet – Fish can certainly do wonders with your mind’s function as it contains omega-3 fatty acids that can help with your brain’s development. Eating two servings of fish every week can help with your mental and physical health.
- Chocolate and Nuts – Seeds and nuts are good sources of vitamin E which is needed to help prevent your mind from degrading. Eating dark chocolate is a good way to boost the antioxidants in your system and can help wake you up as well since it contains caffeine.
- Whole Grains and Avocadoes – Many think that avocados can add calories but they contain good fats that are monounsaturated which helps with your brain development and blood flow. Whole grains can help too in keeping your heart healthy which is needed to maintain concentration and memory.
- Nutritious Blueberries – Studies have shown that eating blueberries can prevent age related mental health problems which is why it is often recommended.
Article publié pour la première fois le 02/08/2013