Tales of Horror Start Pouring in from Homs

Refugees fleeing the besieged Syrian city of Homs have recollected stories of atrocities unleashed by the government troops on rebels and civilian families.

A woman, who had fled Homs told media that Syrian soldiers had slit the throat of her 12-year-old boy along with executing 35 other men in her area. Her husband said that he was hiding some 50m away and witnessed his son’s head being pinned to the floor with boots before the child was slaughtered.

Another woman told that her husband as well as other men from her area had been detained by the Syrian forces. She feared that they too would be executed.

The new wave of horror commenced Thursday when the Syrian forces entered Baba Amr district with their tanks and ammunition after the announcement by the rebels of a ‘tactical withdrawal’.

It is today the fifth consecutive day that humanitarian workers and aid belonging to the International Red Cross Committee have not been allowed access into Homs. The government has cited ‘security’ reasons for not allowing humanitarian aid to reach the stranded population in Homs that is currently surviving without any food or medical supplies.

Human Rights activists have warned of a ‘humanitarian’ disaster sharing that horrific crimes against humanity coupled with harsh winters and snow will soon lead to a pile of bodies the likes of which the world has not seen in over two decades.

 

Article publié pour la première fois le 06/03/2012

Leave a Reply